There are many weather resources available on the internet and the ones you use may depend on the type of flying (coastal or inland) and your personal preferences.
Thinking about inland this weekend? Check it out - Wally is now taking the guess work out of weather forecasting and giving you hot tips on where to fly inland this weekend! He explains the meteorology very well. New forecast videos on Thursday nights here. Thanks to Wally at Bright Fight.
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology ("BoM") website is the best place to start familiarising yourself with weather forecasting tools. You may find some of the following BoM pages helpful:
- MetEye (especially good for looking at wind direction and strength forecast for different parts of the day)
- VIC forecasts
- VIC observations
- VIC observations click-able map
- Interactive Weather and Wave Forecast Maps
- BOM Weather: Android | iOS
- Weather Views: Android (BOM Station Obs, made by local PG Pilot)
- Pocket Weather: Android | iOS
- WillyWeather: Android | iOS
If you are looking for additional information on weather and wind conditions around Melbourne there are many other websites which you may find useful: