Turn Point Challenge
Victorian Turn-Point Challenge (VIC TpC)
The TpC is a free, fun and informal challenge to encourage pilots to venture away from the hill
- Fly with purpose, develop your skills, make new friends.
- State wide, all inclusive, season long event commencing 1/9/19
- It will cater for pilots of all skill level, novices encouraged to compete
A waypoint file with the registered turn points for the challenge will be provided for pilots.
There are 2 challenges:
1. Collect as many registered turn points as possible in the season (Highest total number of turn points collected over a season).
- One Turn point counts once. Challenge is to get all local turn points on weak days and gradually expand out to get more remote turn points on better days / longer flights.
- Pilots within each pilot category who gets the most turn point 'hits ' within the season wins
2. Collect as many turn points as possible in a single flight.
- Same turn points can be claimed more than once on one day but have to be preceded by another listed turn point (Encourages circuits and out/returns)
- challenge is for most turn points achieved in one day (Current record is 12)
Registration is now open and pilots can begin to submit track logs from flights on or after the 1/9/19
Competition Organiser: Mike Chapman
To register and for further information head here: